Create A Blog Post – Step by Step – Planning
In this second part, I am going to plan out my blog post by following some common sense and by solving the user intent.
Think like a human, not a robot. Write for your audience, not Google.
Planning is always different depending on the topic you are writing about. Use a simple Word Document or even a pen and paper.
Sit down and follow a logical order and separate your content with the idea of “how can I provide the best value for the search query?”
Philip Borrowman ‧ Taking Action Online
- Use Sub Headings To Separate The Content
- Use Bullet Points And Content Blocks To Separate Content.
- Use Internal Links
- Use External Links
- Use Images And Video
- Create A Longer, Better And More Valuable Article Than The First Three Results In Google.
Is Your Mindset Letting You Down?
- Understand: Even if this “does not rank” you are learning SO much by creating the blog post.
- Understand: Even if this yields no results, you are expanding your niche knowledge.
- Understand: The process of completing a great blog post expands your horizons and opens a lot of potential doors down the road.
- Thinks spending 4 or 5 days on one blog post is too much.
- Can’t be bothered to write a 5000 word article.
- Forgets about the user intent and only thinks about what “they” want, instead of thinking about what the audience wants.